Although this qualification may be accessed by direct enrty it is a requirement that prospective candidates hold a minimum of a Certificate III in Horticulture or similar.
International Student specific entry requirements:
English: For students whose first language is not English, the required minimum English language levels is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent, with no individual score less than 5.0 or equivalent assessment. More information on English entry requirements can be found on our website.
Academic: The minimum requirements can be one of the following:
- Certificate II or III – 10 years of schooling (or equivalent)
- Certificate IV or Diploma – 12 years of schooling (or equivalent)
- Mature –aged entry with work experience in a related field
Please send certified and translated copies of your English results and academic certificates to the International Student Unit together with your completed and signed application form
Please be aware that you will also be required to supply the following items at your own cost:
- Broad brimmed hat for all outdoor activities.
- Steel capped safety boots are required while engaged in work actrivities and while students are in designated areas of TAFE.
- Long sleeved cotton shirts and cotton pants are highly recommended *Singlet tops are not allowed.
- USB memory/flash stick - recommended size 2GB.
- A calculator, biros (preferably blue or black ink), pemcils, eraser, whiteout (optional) and ruler.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.
Townsville Trade Training Centre: 44 weeks attending 3 days/week. Monday - Wednesday 8:30am - 3:30pm
Please note, the timetable for future semesters may differ to the current schedule. If you need help or can't find what you are looking for, give us a call on 1300 656 959.
Vocational Placement is not required for the successful completion of this qualification.